Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Hollandaise Diner at 2231 Danforth Avenue is now open and serving up all day breakfasts including build-your-own bennies and pancake platters.
- Bar Batavia a new source for late night Dutch-Indonesian snack foods and cocktails has opened above Little Sister at 2031 Yonge Street.
- Peasant Table Gastropub has opened its doors at 782 Queen Street East where Table 17 used to be.
- Spanish restaurant, Tapagria and steamed bun shop, It's A Bao Time are now open at 230 Commerce Valley Drive East in Markham.
- New Italian restaurant, Angolino at 1595 Dupont Street is now open.
- Pure Pizza & Burger has replaced J Pizza Plus at 314 Parliament Street in Regent Park.
- Cafetería, the newest eatery from the Playa Cabana family of restaurants is coming soon to 974 College Street where Black Skirt used to be. Look forward to a casual front room serving tacos and tortas while the back room will accept reservations and offer an expanded menu.
- KT's Table is moving in to the former Dark Horse Espresso address at 682 Queen Street East.
- Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ, an American chain of Japanese grill houses is opening its first Toronto location at 81 Church Street.
- Pizzeria Defina is opening another outpost at 1485 Dupont Street.
- XO Bisous, a new salad, sandwich and pastry shop is set to replace the short-lived Sammy and Sally (60 Adelaide Street East) in the new year.
- Korean restaurant Shao Grill has replaced Magic Sushi at 650 College Street.
Correction and apology: Earlier this week we incorrectly reported that Hey Meatball at 719 College Street was closed. The restaurant is in fact open and serving up delicious pasta dishes and meatball sandwiches. We apologize for this error.
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to [email protected]
Photo of Pizzeria Defina.
Join in on the conversation with Merete Lewis when you subscribe to On The Market.